Lucas Petrol Reserve Valves for Astons, Alvis, Armstrong Siddeley, Bristol, Jensen, Rover & many other Classic Cars, New or Rebuilt
Lucas Petrol Reserve valves were introduced in 1938 or 39, they were fitted to a great many classic cars of the very late 1930s, 40s, 50s, 60s & early 70s. Quite a neat little valve, they were built into 2 main styles of bodies, diamond shaped flange with 2 hole fixing & large round shaped flange with 4 hole fixing.
All appear to be 12 volts operation according to the Lucas list, all appear to have basically the same parts within the 2 body styles.
See here for instructions on how to disconnect the carburettor supply pipe from the valve to avoid stripping thread in the body of the valve.
All our new & rebuilt valves are assembled & tested on our dedicated test bench, we vacuum test during initial assembly, then test solenoid operation & finally before the gauze is fitted.
We now make new billet alloy anodised ethanol resistant (or as ethanol resistant as can be) valves with both types of bodies, in the large round 4 hole fixing (20of bodies made, straight or cranked tubes) type fitted to early Rovers, Jensens, etc aswell as more common diamond shaped flange, 2 hole fixing style (straight or cranked tubes) shown which fit quite a lot of cars, this now covers the entire range of Lucas / Smiths petrol reserve valves that can be manufactured but we can recondition most valves with our new parts,
As long as the round shaped, 4 hole flange types are not badly corroded or damaged we can recondition those aswell altghough most of them we have seen are coming to the end of their life..
We have a copy of the Lucas Catalogue 400E so we can make up most combinations / valves on that list, but need crucial tube measurements to complete our own catalogue.
- Whats New
- Jean's Specials
- Aston Martin (& others) Technical Bulletins
- Aston Martin DB2 to DB2/4 MkII Parts
- Aston Martin DB MkIII Parts
- Aston Martin DB3 & DB3S
- Aston Martin DB4 to DB6 Mk2 Parts
- Aston Martin DBS 6 / AM Vantage 6 cyl Parts
- Aston Martin DBS V8 (1969) to AM V8 (1988) (2V) Parts
- Aston Martin Virage V8 - 32 valve to last V8
- Aston Martin DB7 Parts
- Lagonda 2.6 & 3ltr
- Lagonda Rapide Parts | Four Ashes Garage Ltd.
- Lucas Petrol Reserve Valves for Astons, Alvis, Armstrong Siddeley, Bristol, Jensen, Rover & many other Classic Cars, New or Rebuilt
- Parts for other Marques besides Astons
- Not always related to cars but!
- Electrical & Ignition Parts | Four Ashes Garage Ltd
- Transmission Parts | Four Ashes Garage Ltd
- Tools & Equipment inc Consumables